Senior Portfolio Manager
40 hours per week, Amsterdam
Triple Jump is an independent, responsible investment manager focused on impact investing in emerging markets. We are headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands with regional offices in Georgia, Peru, Mexico, Thailand and Kenya. Our investment portfolio spans more than 60 countries.
Triple Jump targets financial sector development and invests in institutions that service the bottom of the pyramid. Triple Jump offers professional fund management services to investors, ranging from asset selection, to portfolio management to fund administration. Thanks to mandates from multiple investors Triple Jump can provide services to financial intermediaries in all stages of their development. Triple Jump investees include financial institutions (ranging from NGOs receiving their first funding, all the way to regulated banks) and investment funds, in developing countries.
As Senior Portfolio Manager, you will be the prime responsible for the management of several funds investing mainly in microfinance and private equity. As a senior member of the team, you will support junior members, represent the department in different internal and external committees. Your focus will be on two main activities.
The fund management activities involving liquidity management, top down pipeline management, hedging, asset allocation, risk monitoring, developing and enhancing relationships with stakeholders and other departments, providing reporting in time, maintain a direct line of communication with investors/fund sponsors and produce regular fund reports.
The second focus of the role is fundamental research. You will cover one or two regions, identify the fundamental shifts and implement our asset allocation decisions. You will need to have a qualitative and quantitative approach, writing internal publications, being able to run scenario analysis and stress testing of portfolios through various house systems, developing and improving the investment process.
The Senior Portfolio Manager will report to the Head of Portfolio Management in an international team of four professionals. The successful candidate will interact with different departments: Finance, Legal, Regional officers, Debt, Fund of Funds and Private Equity. The position may evolve to Deputy Head of Portfolio Management.
- Portfolio management of funds
- Covering one or two regions
- Support the Head of Department in different tasks
- At least five years experience in portfolio management
- At least three years experience in the field of microfinance, an experience of investment officer on the field is definitively an advantage
- Exposure to frontier market, expertise in one region would be very appreciated
- Master in Finance or relevant discipline
- Team player spirit essential, but ability to work independently and taking the initiative with solution-oriented thinking
- Exposure to at least one major asset class, alternatives or non-liquid investment is an advantage
- Excellent English written and oral communications skills – ability to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings – supporting various forms of external communication, including conference calls, client meetings, portfolio reviews
- Grace under pressure; ability to adapt and get things done
- High level of self-motivation, with strong integrity and ethics
- A positive, collegial attitude and high level of professionalism
- Ability to articulate ideas/concept and represent the team confidently, credibly and persuasively – both verbally and in writing
- Languages (English mandatory, Spanish or other languages an advantage)
- Strong critical thinking skills, curiosity, and comfort with ambiguity. Able to think out of the box and comfortable to work with a process
- Attention to detail combined with a solutions-oriented, strategic mindset, smart enough to learn
Triple Jump offers you
- Competitive salary including benefits such as a variable part up to a maximum of 20% of your salary, 8% holiday allowance and a pension plan
- A dynamic, multi-cultural and collegial working environment
- The position is initially for 1 year. If successful, the candidate will be offered a permanent position
Are you interested? Send your application to Jeanette Bouman before the June 16th by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. More information about the position can be obtained through Steven Evers at +31 20 2202 806.